Taking the Whole Family to the Galapagos: A Good Idea?
The Galapagos Islands sometimes come across as an “adult” destination, but nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, one of the things that makes Galapagos tours so perfect for families is that it combines learning opportunities, adventure, and plenty of entertainment. The Galapagos Islands make it easy to unplug from the frantic pace of […]
The Galapagos Islands sometimes come across as an “adult” destination, but nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, one of the things that makes Galapagos tours so perfect for families is that it combines learning opportunities, adventure, and plenty of entertainment.
The Galapagos Islands make it easy to unplug from the frantic pace of home and find delight in nature and exploration. What family doesn’t like to go to the zoo, play games, or eat delicious meals? Think of Galapagos tours and Ecuador travel as the ultimate place to see animals, swim, and participate in numerous activities.
Are Galapagos Island Trips Good for all Ages?
The Galapagos Islands offer a little something for everyone. That said, it’s important to note that it’s difficult to navigate the Islands with young toddlers and infants, so keep this in mind when planning your family trip! Generally, any child 5 years old and above – who have the ability to be mobile and understand their environment – will thoroughly love the trip.
Whether your family is 2 people or 12, the Galapagos is such an incredible trip that it’s an ideal bonding experience for young children and adults. People often take the memories of beautiful scenery and the one-of-a-kind environment with them wherever they go afterward.
What Galapagos Sights are Available?
There will be a multitude of experiences available to families touring the Galapagos Islands, and with different vacation lengths, you can see as much or as little as you want. Some excellent family options include:
- Tortoise Reserves: The island of Santa Cruz offers one of the best places to view the magnificent Galapagos Tortoise. These gentle giants are majestic and entertaining. Plus, there’s no better zoo than nature, and getting to see animals exist in their natural habitat.
- Snorkeling Excursions: The Galapagos Islands are legendary for the life teeming under the water. Beyond the giant tortoises, you’ll see things like sea lions, the marine iguana, sharks, and an abundance of tropical fish.
- Charles Darwin Research Center: Walk in the footsteps of an amazing scientific mind. A keen observer of the natural world, Charles Darwin embarked on a journey that would forever change the face of science. Families can follow his exciting travels and see the Galapagos through his eyes.
- Island Excursions: Hike, swim, and play on the different islands of the Galapagos. Families will appreciate the extensive flora and fauna they get to see. Spy strange birds and watch the seals play. Take walks and hikes to see the complex ecosystems. The Galapagos makes learning effortless and exciting. There is no better classroom than a Galapagos tour. Some of the top islands visited are Española, North Seymour, Genovesa, and more.
A Spiritual Experience for the Entire Family
Your trip across the world isn’t about high-risk adventure; it’s about experiencing a gorgeous, unique destination. Being in the middle of the Pacific Ocean over a moon is indescribable, as is witnessing animals you can’t find anywhere else.
Involve your family in an immersive, spiritual experience where you can unwind and take in the sights of the islands.
What Makes Galapagos Cruises Different than Other Vacations?
A Galapagos cruise is smaller. You won’t be mingling with thousands of people, but rather creating an intimate experience that lets you get to know your fellow shipmates. The food is outstanding, and you’ll have onboard entertainment that brings people together to create memories that last a lifetime.
Think of a Galapagos cruise like a boutique hotel—it’s specialty—and it focuses on making a person’s stay unique and memorable. This is a benefit for families. Instead of getting lost in the mix, you will feel like part of something special.
The Benefits of Traveling Abroad with Your Family
Studies have found that kids and families exposed to the world gain numerous benefits. It has been known to increase creativity, compassion, and give young people insight into the “real world”. For families, it can become a bonding experience that creates stronger ties, and international travel has even been linked to better grades.
Give your family the chance to have new responsibilities (let kids be a part of making travel successful), and show them how to be courageous in the face of new things. The Galapagos Islands is an ideal place to make all the benefits of international travel happen.
- Ecuador’s President formalizes expansion of Galapagos Marine Reserve, celebrates milestone aboard the Galapagos Legend
- Update requirements to enter Ecuador and the Galapagos – November 30th
- GALAPAGOS ENTRY REQUIREMENTS UPDATE – October 21
- GALAPAGOS ENTRY REQUIREMENTS UPDATE
- Important Update About Requirements To Enter The Galapagos Islands